Wednesday, November 3, 2010

P90- Week 2 recap and a recipe

Photo Courtesy of Tony Horton, P90X
In a word: SLACKER!
While not a total failure, I'm pretty sure Tony Horton would not be pleased.  I'm also pretty sure that every time he says, "I know it hurts!  It's supposed to!", he's speaking directly to me.  As if to say, "Stop with the whining and crying and slacking!  Just work!"
I'm taking it very personal.  Probably because I know I didn't work as hard as I should/ could have. 
I skipped Friday, Sunday and Monday.  Oh god, I really want to delete that because that looks really bad in writing!
Whoa is me, I'm a slacker.
Ok, no more feeling sorry for myself.  Must get amped for Week 3!  Then week 4 is recovery week which means Core Synergistics and Yoga!  Yum!

Photo courtesy of P90X
 Ok, officially inspired. 
We've been doing really well with eating well.  I promise to post some delicious recipes soon.  Last night we had homemade Broccoli Cheese soup.  Followed by fat free cookies and cream frozedn yogurt.  Tonight is Chili!


Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Photo courtesy of Cooking Light
 Here is the recipe for the Broccoli Cheese Soup (or click here):
Cooking spray
1 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 (16-ounce) package broccoli florets
2 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)

Heat a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth and broccoli. Bring broccoli mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes.
Combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to broccoli mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Stir in pepper. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
Place one-third of the soup in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Return pureed soup mixture to pan.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups)

NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 203 (28% from fat); FAT 6.3g (sat 4g, mono 1.8g, poly 0.4g); PROTEIN 15.6g; CARB 21.7g; FIBER 2.9g; CHOL 24mg; IRON 1.2mg; SODIUM 897mg; CALC 385mg;

1 comment:

  1. I cant wait to try this recipe!! Thanks :) Broccoli Cheese soup is my fave!!

    ReplyDelete